Saturday, April 11, 2009

33%

Here we are roughly a third of the way through 2009. I'll be 50 in October.. yes, 50 (wow!). So, for me that's 1/2 to my goal.. yes, I'm planning on 3 digits (hence, my quest to stay healthy and take care of my body). Time is FLYING by!
Work is a drag with all the budget cuts and questions about whether the program will be cut or not. More importantly, what will happen to the population we serve if the carpet is yanked from under them. On the flip side, it has made me realize how important it is to get the ball rollin' on my vision of an all encompassing education program for children. Still working on the mission statement because I realize that with that right, all else will fall into place.
I'm so glad the weather is warming. I just don't function well in the cold / winter. I hate hate hate being cold. I also hate saying hate.
The recent tragic events all over the news makes it hard to keep my mind right. Hearing about these kids being abducted and killed, the murderous rampages here in NC, in NY and elsewhere, and the craziness that seems to dominate the headlines is so overwhelming. I feel so powerless. I know there are so many people aching with loss, desperate for answers they'll never have, and feeling the void left from the senselessness of it all. A prayer is all I know to give.
So what's up for the other 2/3rds of the year? Well, taxes today (eww!). Lord's blessings tomorrow. My goal is to have my mission statement completed by the end of April. Rough draft of step 1 by end of May. Re-evaluate at that time to ascertain the real possibility of this year will see an actual start up.
Court dates through May / June makes for some stress and could derail my timelines, as those actions require full attention as they come to the front burner.
Enough for today.
As always, you comments are welcome.
Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment