Wednesday, April 1, 2009

week in review...

So I'm thrilled that they're seizing assets belonging to Madoff, discouraged, disappointed and dismayed that yet another professional athlete has shown extremely poor judgment that, this time, cost somebody their life and destroyed the lives of countless others. I think 10 or 20 dollars extra in my paycheck is pointless, but I believe the economy is making a turn. My heart is sick over the old people that were killed in that rehab home, just sick. I'm wondering what the hell is going on that it seems like a lot of children come up missing this week and likely, things will not end well. I had a really bad and emotional day on the anniversary of my brother's death, but was able to keep myself in check by reminding myself that, first, he's better off than had he lived; second, I feel like he's my own personal guardian angel; and third, I'm so blessed and their are so many people suffering far more than I ever have. It might've been nice to have someone around that I could've talked to that day though. To wind up all the negativity, I hate reading about some state or federal agency that has so corrupted themselves; such as, the prosecutors here in NC that were letting people off of their DUIs and the judges in PA that were convicting kids and throwing them in detention so they could collect kickbacks. Wow! What a drag!
On the other hand, the kids I work with (emotionally / behaviorally troubled teens)had a pretty good week. We were able to see some progress with several of them, where they made good decisions and controlled their behaviors. I can't explain how satisfying it is to see the hard work we do pay off, even if it's just a little bit. My dog has matured enough to be trusted loose in the house for short periods (as opposed to being in her crate while we're gone), and she's been very cute this week. While I was sleeping, she very quietly snuck up on the bed. I guess she didn't think I'd notice, and I didn't for quite a while. I got paid (still have a job) and my bills are paid. The weather is warming, so I just feel better for that. I worked on my mission statement and made some progress and I feel very good about. I'm feeling more motivated and have a more positive outlook on things. Perhaps all the motivational quotes I've been reading on twitter are more effective than I thought. I have also been using them for the 'quotes of the week' at work and the kids seem to have benefited. I joined some online groups that will probably serve to be very good connections and resources going forward on my goals.
All in all, it's been a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment