Saturday, August 15, 2009

Just a couple of things...

Michael Vick got a job. Good! While what he did is deplorable, he served his time in prison and was suspended from his job for 2 years. And honestly, I think if he were just an everyday guy (or white), he probably wouldn't have gone to prison, or at least for not as long. I really don't like the idea of using someone's life to 'make your statement'. At any rate, he did everything (and more) that he was asked to do. He happens to be a professional football player and for the NFL to disallow him the opportunity to work his unreasonable. He should've been eligible to play the day he stepped out of prison. Whether a team wishes to hire him or not, should be their decision based on the dynamics of their organization. Felons are released from prison every day and no one says, "yes, we know you're an accountant, but we're going to not allow you to work in that field for 6 more months".
On health care reform. Why do I think the insurance companies are behind all the opposition. Probably getting assistance from the pharmaceuticals. Just sayin.. it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for this much opposition without any proposed solutions. Are you part of the problem or part of the solution (to quote somebody). As a person who spent most of my life not going to Doctors because I couldn't really afford the co-pays, prescriptions, time away from work, etc., I completely agree that reform is long overdue. IT IS A NATIONAL DISGRACE that so many of our citizens can't afford BASIC healthcare. I have affordable healthcare now (as long as I don't get seriously ill), and my children are grown, so I don't feel like I'm taking money away from the table, or clothing/shoes for the kids, but I know exactly how that feels, and United States citizens should not have to choose between food or an office call with a prescription. Just sayn..
I love to watch Tiger play!
Thank ya Jesus.. it's almost football season!(baseball bores me to tears)(..and yes I know that's nearly unAmerican) There, I said it.
Wish I didn't feel so bummed out. I really don't have a good reason to, I've been blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment