Tuesday, March 10, 2009

happy new year.. for real!

Friday, December 26, 2008

Current mood: contemplative
I've never been big on the "New Years Resolution" stuff, but I think this year I resolve to make things happen. Too often I've let things ride; let things work out and hope for the best. I've come to the realization that I need to be more in control of my surroundings and the people that are in it.
I have things I want to accomplish and I keep not doing anything about it. I realize now, that I need to be around people that can be supportive and have common interests and similar goals if I am genuine about my goals. I need to separate myself from the distractions and negativity that play into insecurity and doubt. I suppose that's not so different than what most people need or should do in their lives, so perhaps if you're reading this, you'll find some inspiration to take another look at how you're doing toward your life's goals.
I cannot understand for the life of me how people so often try and take advantage of others. I don't understand the concept of deceit. I think, often times, people underestimate me and think they're getting over on me. Those of you who know me the best, know that's a fallacy and that the reality is that I do what I do in my own time. This year, I vow to minimize the effects of the deceivers and pretenders. I will reserve my time for those people who wish to be honest, genuine, and respectful and I will return the same in kind.
It troubles me that this far along in my life I feel like I'm spinning my wheels. Too many times, I've said to myself, well when this happens I can do that, etc., etc. I have forgotten that this journey is really a solo flight and that if you're able to find a co-pilot, you're more fortunate than words can express. You should always be mindful that more often than not, the co-pilot navigates the course, and you should be careful about who you trust to stay the course.
Finally, humbly I would say that I am a good woman with a good heart. I feel like I have a lot to offer and the desire to do so. I truly want to share my intelligence and my abilities. I don't understand why it seems so hard for me to be able to do just that.
This year, 2009, I intend to find a way. I wish a wonderful and productive New Year for all. Bless You!

No comments:

Post a Comment